domingo, 3 de marzo de 2013

Army Concept II - First step for the fluffs

So, I've chosen the Dark Eldar. Now what?
Well, time to fluff it up!

No, you goof.

Doing lots of reading about the fluff of 40K takes its toll. And that is coming up with new things for your army. Sure, you can pick some stuff up from the official codexes or the rulebooks, like going for the Kabal of the Black Heart. But since I'm stubborn as a mule, I decided I want to come up with my own Kabal, Wych Cult and/or Coven.

And that means it's inspiration time! So, where can I find a source truly inspirational for my future Dark Eldar army?

How about some books, movies, or series, maybe animes that I watched?

How about my favorite anime of all time?

The one my friends know I am a complete die-hard zealot for it?

Why... yes!



I give you, Madoka Magica!!

  
...what?

Okay, before you throw my body and soul to the deepest and darkest alleys of Low Commorragh, let it be clear that I am totally NOT going to make my Dark Eldar a very own antithesis of them, all cheerful and full of hope, tea, cakes and magics.


Perhaps I should post a better picture of what I am talking about.


After all, there's a "Witch" in Wyches.


I'm going to make it based of the "evil" part of them. For that, Kriemhild Gretchen, Oktavia Von Seckendorff, Candeloro, Ophelia and Homulilly will prove to be very useful.

And so, they will drive my Dark Eldar colour scheme, assembly, customization, sigils, everything. Of course not carbon copies of them but they will drive the main source of inspiration.

So, with that  in mind, I will start thinking of a name for the Kabal/Wych Cult/Haemonculi Coven properly for them. As well as what unit will represent each one of them. (Spinoffs as well. Hey, a Kirika Kure/Reaver Arena Champion would be a great idea!)

Of course, suggestions are welcome. Or rotten tomatoes, whatever. 
  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario