domingo, 3 de marzo de 2013

Welcome, welcome! Come in!

So, you've decided to take a look at this blog, huh? BIG MISTAK--
Ow ow ow, okay okay, stop swatting at me with your scarf, Charlotte! >:/

If you read the title correctly, this is my little own blog about starting Warhammer 40K. Yes, that (in)famously known miniature wargame. I currently possess the ways to purchase and indulge in such a expensive hobby (even more so from abroad). Thanks to a friend of mine, I also located a local gathering where people play, so even more the reason to start with this.

Oh you little piece of really expensive heavy beauty.... :o~



*ahem*

So how did I stumble upon this?

Well, I've miniature-gamed Mage Knight. (No, NOT the board game), and felt really sad once Wizkids started meddling with it to a point of further non-existance. Thank you 2.0.

One day, Dad brought me a computer game. He knows I like strategy games, so he brought me Dawn of War with Winter Assault. As some famous slogan says: "once you pop, the fun won't stop." Fluff got the better of me as I became addicted to it. I awaited years until I had a stable job to start indulging in this (aside of other things like board games), and now the time has come.

Oh, first love~
 So why am I starting this blog?
  • As a guidance to any newbie that wants to start at Warhammer 40K... or this hobby in general. I haven't seen a blog that covers well... the experience of starting this hobby,  as most of them cover more useful topics like strategies, tactics and paintings, so hey, why not starting my own? I'm looking at youuuuu, friends. They don't call me "mind rotter" for nothing~
  • To serve as a nice, little repository of events that some people can give me advice over. Remember, I'm a COMPLETE newbie. I don't own any miniatures, nor I have played a single match, nor I have painted a single miniature. I have read stuff and watched games, though.
  • To amuse myself, of course! :P
So... have fun!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario